Uses and advantages of PVC foam boards in industries
Inventions have helped us to improve the way we live, consume, build, and thrive. Technology has helped bring revolution in all the arena spanning our lives. This holds true in case of construction materials as well. There were days when construction was done using just soil or clay without any binding material. And when we look around today, we see the shimmering glass offices and marble-stoned buildings.
Humans kept experimenting to bring out the best of natural resources available at hand and create substances that are better in quality and last longer than their natural substitutes. One such material is Poly Vinyl Chloride, widely known as PVC. It is highly preferred these days due to it is lightweight, strength, durability and most of all, water-resistant characteristics.
PVC foam board supplier companies provide it for all types of construction applications be it indoor or outdoor owing to its high usability. It has been a good replacement for wood which tends to have all weather effects and is likely to corrode in a few years.
Below are the advantages of using PVC foam boards:
1. Water Resistance: PVC foam boards have solid resistance to water due to its composition. When it comes in contact with water, it does not swell or lose its composition. This makes is fit for all types of weather.
2. Corrosion Resistance: When brought in contact with chemicals, PVC doesn’t react. This keeps its state intact and saves it from any kind of deformation.
3. Fire Resistance: PVC foam boards can be used anywhere as they are fire resistant. There is no effect of acid, heat or light on it.
4. High Strength & Durability: Due to the structure of its component molecules, PVC foam boards are highly strong which ensures that they don’t undergo any deformation. The boards can survive for as long as 4 decades without any damage.
5. Easily shaped and painted: PVC can be given any shape to suit your requirements. It can be cut for the furniture of your house or can be made into wall panels for exterior use. Also, it can be painted with any type of paint which lasts for years and gives the look and feel as if it is new!
6. Pocket-friendly: They are a good substitute for wood or aluminium and they come in a variety of price range. They don’t require any extra maintenance and stay in the same state for quite a long time. No special equipment is required to cut or drill them and this makes them pocket-friendly to use.
Check out our latest blog on “Brief Market Overview of Wood Plastic Composites“
Owing to the popular advantages of PVC foam boards, they can be used in multiple ways. Below is a list of applications of PVC foam boards;
1. Used for the ceilings of Cars, Buses or Trains
2. Widely used for making home and office furniture
3. Used to build external wall panels
4. Home interiors can be designed using PVC foam boards
5. Used in sign boards and outdoor advertising kiosks
When partitions are made using PVC foam boards, they tend to be resistant to sound effects thereby keeping privacy intact. This makes it perfect for office uses. PVC foam board manufacturers produce it without the use of wood, therefore there is no harm done to the forests for its making. Navratan Specialty Chemicals LLP is a manufacturing company of PVC foam boards that are easily moulded and shaped to fit your requirements for any type of project use. It’s also one of the top best PVC foam board exporters in India serving customers all across the globe with quality PVC products. You can also get its products from PVC foam board’s dealers in your region.
Due to its features and multiple uses, they are preferred over other building materials of the same functionality. Day by day, its applications are increasing and owing to its flexible pricing, they are becoming the right choice for a wide range of industrial projects apart from homes.